To get started with your AlbumSaver Mobile, scan the QR code that is on the cardboard insert of the AlbumSaver package, or go to albumsaver.com/app to install the free AlbumSaver Mobile App. Please refer to the steps below:
- Install the FREE AlbumSaver Mobile App from your device's app store or scan the QR code on the instructions sheet in the AlbumSaver package;
- After launching the app, accept the prompt to allow access to the storage/photos and to allow notifications;
- Insert your AlbumSaver drive into your device and wait for it to be recognized;
- Tap the green "Start" button to begin your backup;
If you have a lot of pictures and videos, the backup may take several hours. If you, for any reason, need to stop the backup, simply pause the backup and remove AlbumSaver from your device. When you are ready to continue, plug the AlbumSaver Mobile back in, launch the app, and hit "Start". AlbumSaver Mobile will pick up where the backup left off.
TIP: If the app doesn't respond when you hit "Start", please try closing the app entirely, then launching it again.
Using AlbumSaver Mobile to browse pictures and videos on your desktop:
AlbumSaver Mobile cannot be used to scan and backup pictures and videos on your computer or laptop. However, after backing up your smartphone, you can plug your AlbumSaver Mobile into your desktop to view pictures and videos that were previously backed up from your mobile device. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Insert AlbumSaver Mobile into a free USB slot on your computer
- Locate the AlbumSaver Mobile drive in: File Explorer if you are a Windows user, or Finder if you are a Mac user
- Click on the AlbumSaver drive and find the "AlbumSaver" folder on the drive. There is where you will find all your backed up pictures and videos
We kindly remind you that AlbumSaver Mobile works only with your Android or iOS devices (including iPads and tablets). As mentioned, you are able to browse and move the pictures and videos from the AlbumSaver Mobile drive to your computer, but you won't be able to use it to backup your computer. If you would like to order a device for your Mac or Windows device, please see the offers here: https://albumsaver.com